Like my friend over at Nothing But Randomness, I am trying to update this each day. Hoping once my wife and daughter are out of the hospital I can meet that goal.
Anyways, in other news, the title of today's post is from the best song from At The Drive In's album Relationship Of Command. The song is called Invalid Letter Dept. It is about about the rapes and murders that happened in the town over the border from El Paso (Wiki Link). Very hard hitting and disturbing. I discovered this band quite late and actually heard of them after I got into The Mars Volta. This song has several lyrical hooks and some very nice instrumentation. I especially love the piano interplay at about 3 and a half minutes. A calming few moments in between chaos. Very fitting for how I feel today. At The Drive In is a little more straightforward that The Mars Volta, but there are enough similarities there that I usually classify them both in my Experimental Rock grouping. They are also my favorites in that grouping. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment