Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hello

So I decided to start the blog over again after some encouragement from a friend.  Guess I'll kick this off by giving a short introduction of myself and what the blog is supposed to be for.

My name is Mike but for the last three years I have gone by Trog online.  I am an all around geek who specializes in music and gaming.  I am also a happily married father of 3 too-smart-for-their-own-good kids.

Music.  My passion since I was very young.  After I got past pure Top 40 and rap as a teenager (thank you mom, dad and Walt), I got into Rock.  Any kind of rock really.  I also dabble is a little blues, a bit of jazz every now and then, classical (as long as it is piano focused), country (mostly just Johnny Cash tho) and, once in a great while, rap.  If I had to pin down a favorite sub-set of rock, it would be a toss up between alternative and pop rock.  I imagine most of my rants and reviews will be focused on music.

Gaming.  I am a social gamer who just likes to game.  I play board games, card games, mini games, pen and paper rpgs, ccgs, computer games and console games.  Over the last three years I have focused most of my game time into World of Warcraft tho.  In WoW, I have really found what I was always looking for in a game.  A place where I can be social and progress at many different fronts when my attention span wanders.  I lead a guild on Area 52 called Guild Name Goes Here.  I am sure there will be WoW geek-outs here too.  :-)  From time to time, I play other games (Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 mostly), but WoW seems to suck most of my game time.

Family.  Mine is insane, but then again, I can be sometimes too.  So I can't really hold it against them.

In closing, I just thought it would be interesting to list out my playlist while writing this.
Algebra One - Fireball (from The Sub City: Take Action Sampler)
Automatic 7 - Pretty In Pink (nice cover from Before You Were Punk)
Sloan - Money City Maniacs (from their album Navy Blues, friggin love this song)

1 comment:

Bryan said...

Woot, glad to see that you got the blog up and running!